If convicted of DUI in San Diego County you would be facing, 3rd offense with no aggravating factors.
- Approximately $1,800 in fines
- 4 months to 1 year of jail time
- 3 years of drivers license suspension
- 30 month court ordered approved DUI education program
- 3-5 years probation
- Designated as a ”habitual traffic offender” by the California DMV
Additional punishment the judge can add at his or her discretion:
- Vehicle impoundment
- Ignition interlock device installation in any vehicle registered in your name
- Community service
- MADD victim impact panel
- Required to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
As you can see, the punishment is more severe than that for second DUI charge in San Diego.